Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Time of my life

The past weeks of my life have been different and interesting. I have been encountering too many changing scenarios and definitely way too many people’s opinions to comprehend. But the bigger lesson I have learnt is the essence of time.

I eagerly wait for the weekends for a purpose, make the most of the time I can muster and hope that there is no travelling plan for the next week. My carefree life where time did not find too much importance has all of a sudden become a major mental exercise. Well talking about exercise, I, after long times have also found time to do it now in the wee hours of the morning!

I now care about when I get up, when I could actually plan a night out, and the most bizarre being that I care about the time I get back home from work. Sometimes I have heaps to do and too little time, the other spectrum being that I have way too much time and have very little to do.

I have also learnt to share time now. Being the selfish one with all for myself previously, I have found a meaning to the saying “sharing is good”. There is never enough time to spend with the people you want and I recirculate the question about where it’s all gone so fast.

My bland weekends comprising of lazing around have transformed into pretty moments. The element of time kicks in the fact that a lot of minute to minute planning goes into it for rest of the weekdays. And then I get ready to plunge into the weekend hoping that it will all work! It’s almost like a diving competition at the Olympics, where there can be only one of the outcomes, I have either made it or not.

I feel the clocks turn too quickly when I want them to crawl, or they take excruciatingly long when I want them to fly. I wish god had given me the boon to control the pace of time wherein I could design its velocity.

But lemme tell u all, there is never enough time when you need it !

Friend : Hey chinnu I want to buy a watch, do you want to come along?
Me: Dude, no WAY....
Friend: Whats the problem?
Me: Never mind bud, I don’t have time to explain that now......

3 comments:

Amogh Masur said...

He he he! Welcome to the 'Real World' bro! Now you understand my condition for the past few months :)

Vishal Kumar said...

Well Expressed
This post has that effect of submerging the reader in itself
Wish you had written more, i read it three times

Ganesh Thippeswamy said...

Wonderful post -- we're all so happy for you!