Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Colourblind…….

As always I was on my way to work on the bus which now I have found quite entertaining. Thanks to my blog writing habit to keep me awake through the journey.

I was passing through the central business district and there was something that I found was missing, but was hard to nail it down. It happened for more than a couple of weeks. The moment I enter the CBD, my eyes were seeing a void in something that it was usually wasn’t used to. Then the vision would lead me to a sense of boredom and a pinch of depression.

And then one day, eureka! I figured out what it was! It was the lack of colour I am used to seeing back home in India. The colours that Indian people project especially in clothes are really remarkable. You would definitely see a rainbow of colours or even some outside the spectrum if you were to walk through a crowded street. I was used to seeing the multicolour combination on the saris and the suits of women. I am used to seeing men wear solid coloured shirts and gleaming trousers to work.The colours that rural India has to offer are amazing. The shandies and fairs and the next street market is a painter’s palette.

On the contrary, all I see here people wear are shades of blue, black which is the most predominant and the occasional browns if you are lucky. I really cannot figure out the lack of colour in this supposedly lively place.

My appetite for colour can never be quenched here I suppose. I just hope the Lamarkian theory of the use and disuse of organs does not act on my optic nerve and render me colourblind!

1 comment:

ckbelludi said...

Hmmm... I can sense your apprehension but one reason you can be sure of NOT getting your Optic Nerve atrophied is, you have gotten into the habit of blogging! Besides seeing your computer screen when you blog, you will also see so many COLORFUL blogs your friends post for you. That will keep your Rods and Cones alive and kicking! Cheers... :)